The only equipment you need for these exercises is a pair of five- or ten-pound dumbbells, whichever weight you can comfortably handle. Do twelve sets of the first, then twelve of the second. Alternate back and forth for a total of four sets of twelve.
- HAMSTRINGS (the lower leg): Lay on your back with your heels on the seat of a chair. Have your arms straight and your palms on the floor. Contract your quadriceps (the muscles at the back of your upper thighs) to lift your bottom upwards. Exhale as you do so. Hold for one second. Inhale as you lower to the starting position.
- CALVES: Stand with your feet shoulder-width aprt. Hold the dumbbells at your sides. Exhale as you slowly rise up onto your tiptoes. Hold for one second. Inhale as you return to the starting position.
- QUADRICEPS (the back of the thighs): Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Keeping your back straight and your tummy tight, push your bottom out as if you are going to sit down. Exhale as you do so. Hold for one second, Inhale as you slowly stand up.
- INNER THIGHS: Lay on your side, supporting your upper body with your left arm. Bend your right leg and extend the left, resting on the right foot. Exhale as you raise the leg as high as possible. Hold for one second. Slowly return to starting position, inhaling as you do so. Repeat with the other leg.
- OUTER THIGHS: Kneel on the floor. Exhale as you raise your right knee out to the side, keeping it at a ninety degree angle. Hold for one second. Inhale as you return to starting position. Repeat with the other leg.