The woman in Proverbs 31 has been held up as an ideal for over 3000 years. She had seemed to have it all — a loving husband and children, a beautiful home, a successful home business. She had an inner happiness and confidence.
Proverbs 31 Lifestyles is committed to helping today’s woman achieve that same goal. Whether you’re looking for help planning your wedding, Bible study topics on marriage and home life, or help organizing and and managing your home through our blog, you’ll find it here!
The mission statement of Proverbs 31 Lifestyles is as follows:
Empowering women by creating the serenity they need to reach their full potential through their faith in Jesus Christ, and contribute in their unique way.
What does it mean to live the Proverbs 31 lifestyle?
- It means having a meaningful relationship with God “…a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.” Proverbs 31:30
- It means having a marriage based on love and trust “A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.” Proverbs 31: 10-12
- It means being a loving and caring mother “Her children arise and call her blessed” Proverbs 31:28
- It means caring for those less fortunate “She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy.” Proverbs 31: 20
- It means contributing to the family finances “She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes” Proverbs 31:24
- It means paying attention to her appearance “She is clothed in fine linen and purple” Proverbs 31: 22
- It means managing her household “She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.” Proverbs 31: 27
- It means being creative in decorating her home “She also upholsters with finest tapestry…” Proverbs 31:22
- It means providing quality meals for her family “She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar.” Proverbs 31:14
- It means looking after her health and that of her family “She girds herself with strength and makes her arms strong.” Proverbs 31:17
- It means finding time to pursue leisurely interests “She goes to inspect a field and buys it; with her earnings she plants a vineyard.” Proverbs 31:16
- It means giving your best in everything you do “Give her the product of her hands, and let her works praise her in the city gates. Proverbs 31:31”
- It means integrity in everything you say and do “Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she smiles at the future. She opens her mouth in wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. Proverbs 31: 25-26″
© 2018 Shari Grenier — Proverbs 31 Lifestyles